Monday, July 6, 2009

The Introduction

The Basics

Name: Dennis Tsang
D.O.B: April 30, 1985
Birthplace: Saskatoon
Residence: Toronto

What are your interests?

Being raised in Toronto, I'm naturally a die-hard Leafs fan. Right away this tells you a lot about me...I'm loyal, persistent, hopeless and self-loathing because who else could endure such a team for so long. Pretty much all sports are a thumbs up to me though...unless it's soccer because who wants to watch a bunch of grown men flop on the field for 90 minutes?

I'm also a music junkie. I play a bit of guitar, I wish I played piano and I want to play the drums. Some of my favourite bands/artists are: The Beatles, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Eric Clapton before he went soft, Oasis, Nirvana, Black Star, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Foo Fighters, Wu-Tang Clan, Lupe Fiasco and the list goes on and on. As you can tell, I'm mostly into Rock and Rap (no mainstream garbage please).

Aside from sports and music, I'm into food! Hopefully that's why you decided to drop in on this blog in the first place. I'm far from a food snob but I do have my likes (Italian) and dislikes (seafood). Overall I do have an open mind when it comes to food and I'll be willing to try something at least once.

What is this blog about?

My initial concept is to review the "best of" restaurants from the blogTO list but who knows what other tangents I will take this to. Right now, I just want to provide an informative yet entertaining view of what I think of the "best" eats in Toronto.

Why does this blog look like crap?

As you can probably tell, I'm not exactly an HTML wizard. The last time I even worked on a webpage was back when Asian Avenue was the shit. I never mastered HTML then and I surely do not intend on becoming a guru now. My photos also look like crap because I don't have a crazy $1,000+ DLSR camera. Heck, I don't even own a camera! All pictures will either be taken with a regular digital camera (like the one you would take on a trip), or with my Blackberry.

Well, what more is there to say? I hope you enjoy your stay and feel free to recommend more places for me to eat!