1. Over/Under on the number of goals Jason Blake will score: 24.5
Actual goals: 10 // Projected goals: 15 - Yeah, the under it looking pretty safe.
2. Over/Under on the number of fighting majors Luke Schenn will get: 4.5
Actual fights: 3 // Projected fights: 5 - This one looks like it's going down to the wire.
3. Over/Under on the number of points Jiri Tlusty will get: 50.5
Actual Points (as a Leaf): 0 // Projected points: 0 - I HAD FAITH IN YOU!!!
4. Over/Under on the number of wins The Monster will get: 19.5
Actual Wins: 9 // Projected wins: 14 - Ugh...this one was totally reachable if it wasn't for two heart ablations, one sore groin and Ron Wilson's overplaying of ToskaLOL
5. Over/Under on the number of goals for this team will score: 239.5
Actual goals: 139 // Projected goals: 215 - With the Leafs' PP going cold and Kessel no longer scoring at a point per game place, it looks like this one will stay under
True or false
1. We will make the playoffs.
11 points out...it's still possible but it doesn't look good.
2. We will finish above the dirty Habs.
With the 8th place team being the Habs, this one doesn't look good either
3. Mike van Ryn will not get put on injured reserve this year. Technically true since he never really came off the IR but the fair answer would be false. 4. The Monster will outplay Toskala for the starting job.
Though Gustavsson hasn't been amazing, this is still without a question, true.
5. Our penalty killing will be in the top 10 at season's end.
With a revamped defence and a "healthy" Toskala/new goaltender in The Monster, I figured there would be a huge improvement on the PK. Unfortunately we are the worst team in the NHL defensively and our PK will go down as one of the worst, if not the worst, PKs in the history of the NHL.
Pick a Player
1. _______ will be the first person to get suspended.
Surprisingly, there hasn't been a suspension yet.
2. _______ will score the first goal of the season.
3. _______ will be the first to be healthy scratched.
Matt Stajan & Niklas Hagman were the first "regulars" to ride the pine.
4. _______ will be the first to be traded.
5. _______ will lead the team in +/-
So far, Ian White at +4 but Schenn & Gunnarsson are right behind with +3
If the season finished with the projected stats then there will be a 3-way tie for winners: Ryan, Clark and Lordosis with Ryan taking the tie-breaker (November record).
------------------------------OLYMPIC CONTEST------------------------------Now for a new contest. With the Olympics coming up, I figured an Olympics themed one would make most sense. To keep it quick and simple, list 3 forwards and 2 defencemen playing in the Olympics. Person with the most points wins.
To avoid having Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin as everybody's 3 forwards, they are void from the contest. Everybody else is fair game. For a tie-breaker, state who you think will lead the Olympics in points along with how many goals and assists they get. Remember to leave your name rather than anonymous along with some way I can contact you in case you win.
Winner gets this Tomas Kaberle autograph.